1) TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
Information about us
frm.co.uk is a site operated by Foresight Risk Management LLP (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number OC340635 and have our registered office at 30 – 34 North Street, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1DW. Our VAT number is 944 4436 13.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
In accessing any part of our site, you agree:
- Not to use our site in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of our site by other users;
- Not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of our site; and
- Not to change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on our site and entered by or relating to any third party user of our site.
Material contained in our site must not be reproduced or exploited for commercial gain. All other rights are reserved and users must seek our permission before making any other use of material contained in our site.
Content Standards & Uploaded Content
These Content Standards apply to any content or comments posted or uploaded on our site. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. We will determine, in our discretion, if such postings breach the Content Standards. We reserve the right to edit, not publish or to remove any content. Although our site is fully moderated, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate our site or any other service we provide on our site and we may stop moderating our site at any time.
- Be accurate (where it states facts)
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinion)
- Be relevant
- Be informative
- Be civil and respectful of others
- Be written in English and comply with acceptable standards of spelling and grammar
- Comply with the laws applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted
Postings must not:
- Contain specific accusations of negligence, abuse or criminal activity.
- Be defamatory of any individual or organisation
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful, threatening, inflammatory or that are likely to harass or calculated to seriously alarm or annoy any other person
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Contain abusive language
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual
- Be written in capitals
- Stereotype sections of society
- Name any organisations/businesses other than the organisation/business that is relevant to the listing, review etc…
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Be in contempt of court
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that the posting emanates from us if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Content standards also apply to any videos uploaded to the site and, in addition to the general content standards listed above, the following specific standards (“Video Standards”) will apply:
- Videos will only be posted by someone who has obtained all necessary rights and permissions to do so. Such rights and permissions will include (but not be limited to) licences and releases of any applicable copyright and performers’ rights licences and releases and consents under the Data Protection Act from anyone shown in the video or whose personal data is used in the video;
- Videos will comply with the laws applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted;
- Videos will not contain strobing or flashing content or other material which carries a material risk of triggering migraines, photo-sensitive epilepsy or other conditions affected by visual material;
- Videos will not contain any material which would prevent the video in question obtaining a PG rating as a maximum were it subject to classification by the BBFC under its then current guidelines.
Notice & Take Down Procedure: If you believe that content on our website may breach any of our Content Standards you can alert one of our moderators by using our contact form. You will need to provide your email address and/or telephone together with a short explanation why you believe the content does not comply with our Content Standards. Reporting content will not automatically remove it, but will ensure we look at it as soon as possible. The moderators will then decide whether to remove it permanently or reinstate it.
License of Content: By submitting content to our site, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual royalty-free, transferable and sub-licensable licence to use that content. Although you will still own the copyright in your content, we will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your content. You further grant us the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or Foresight Risk Management LLP’s rights in the uploaded content by a breach of these terms.
Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any direct or indirect loss or damage (including consequential loss and loss of profits, goodwill or business opportunities) arising from any third party claim in relation to content you have uploaded onto our website or your breach of the provisions of these terms.
Social Media: We have a social media presence and use Facebook and Twitter among other social media platforms. Please note that material posted by you to this site may be reposted or promoted by us on our social media platforms on the same conditions as apply to our website and subject to any additional conditions imposed by the platform in question. By posting to our website you are deemed to consent to any reposting or promotion by us using social media.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner of all intellectual property rights in the material and data on our site, subject to the provisions in the intellectual property rights in the Content Standards and Uploaded Content (see above). Such rights include, but are not limited to:
- Unregistered trade mark rights protecting our business and trading names;
- Database rights protecting the data published on our site;
- Copyright and design rights in the text and graphics on our site; and
- Copyright in the software used on our site other than that licensed to us.
You must only use the materials and/or data on our site for personal and non-commercial purposes and in accordance with the terms below.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any direct or indirect loss or damage (including consequential loss and loss of profits, goodwill or business opportunities) arising from any third party claim in relation to your use of our site or your breach of the provisions of these terms.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
1 All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
2 Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
2.1 Loss of income or revenue;
2.2 Loss of business;
2.3 Loss of profits or contracts;
2.4 Loss of anticipated savings;
2.5 Loss of data;
2.6 Loss of goodwill;
2.7 Wasted management or office time; and
2.8 For any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly or recklessly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and other relevant laws in this and other jurisdictions. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may link to our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Foresight Risk Management LLP (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Foresight Risk Management LLP, 30 – 34 North Street, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1DW
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site frm.co.uk, frm.co.uk email newsletter and our frm.co.uk iPhone, iPad and Android apps (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
– Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
– Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
– To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
– To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
– To speed up your searches
– To recognise you when you return to our site
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any third parties
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so or to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please email email@example.com and your entry will be removed.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If Foresight Risk Management LLP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Agreements shall be governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in connection with any disputes which might arise out of, under or in connection with this agreement.